8.13.2012

Play Clothes Board {trash to treasure}

Today I just have a simple DIY project to share......




This was a project I made when there was still snow on the ground!

I had this kitchen cabinet drawer front:




All I did was paint it white. Then I added the knobs to hang my kids' dress up clothes on. (A package of 6 knobs was $1.99 from Ikea!) I had my husband screw it into the wall. I just added white screw covers over the screws. That thing it not going anywhere! 





It's hanging with a picture frame/mirror that was white until I spray-painted it aqua blue.
And the white frame was originally black. I painted it & added in some bright, fun alphabet scrapbook paper. 

Such a simple set of things hanging together that cost me next-to-nothing to make!




This is a fun little area in the playroom for my kids!

7 comments:

  1. aww. cut little corner for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea for organizing the dress-up clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you on creative princess linky party:
    I have to think in something similar for my daughter's room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to keep it all in one place! I am sure that they love having all of their fun dress up clothes right at their level!

    Thanks for sharing with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great! Like a dress up box on the wall. Love it. Thanks so much for linking this up to our weekend Wonders party.

    http://thethriftinessmiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project ! I just bought one from the dollar store and painted it. not as personal as yours
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails