11.19.2011

3 Dollar Store Crafts for Christmas [Christmas Re-Post #4]

Hey everyone! I don't know about you, but I getting pretty excited for Christmas!! I thought it would be fun to start off my Christmas posts this season with sharing my Christmas crafts from last year. Enjoy today's projects!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Here's a little project I made one Christmas. I bought a wooden 3D tree puzzle from the dollar store. I assembled it, spray-painted it green, then used some scrapbook pearls as "decorations". It was easy & turned out cute, AND it only cost me $1.25 to make!



I made this cute little door hanger for my son's room a couple years ago:



I bought a wooden sled from a dollar store, painted it, and added some scrapbook paper, foam letter stickers & embellishments & VOILA! Done! I like how it turned out & it was easy to do!
And it can be out all winter long, not just at Christmas. He has actually kept it in his room since last winter- he just loves it!!



A few years ago I found this picture holder at the dollar store... for a buck!





Last year I decided to turn it into something to hold some Christmas cards.I just covered up the words with some scrapbook paper and Mod Podge. I got the metal "Noel" stick-on embellishment from my scrapbook stash.




It took no time to give it a look Christmas-y look. I know it won't hold many cards, but with the ages of my kids, I have few options of how I can display the Christmas cards that we receive.




And I love that this project was made with things I already had. Easy!

1 comment:

  1. Love these ideas! I try to remember the $1 more often when I want to craft something.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails