9.21.2010

child's book of family

I made this project before my son was born and recently updated it. I bought this small binder album and page protectors from a scrapbook store. Each page is square that measures about 3 inches.

It's filled with photos of my son and daughter and their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. And I have extra pages to add as more cousins are born and aunts or uncles join the family.

I just added this cute patterned paper on the front and back using mod podge. In the bottom right-hand corner I have the title. (I smudged out my son's name)




On the inside of the front and back covers, I used white cardstock with a strip of patterned paper. For the front page I added a newer photo of my kids. I love how I can easily slide in a more current photo as often as I want.



This is how most of the pages look........ there is a photo of the family member on right side and their name on the left side.



My son really likes looking through it and naming everyone. It's a great little book to have in the church bag on Sundays or to bring along on a long car ride.



9 comments:

  1. I made my son a scrapbook similar and he just loved it...it went every where with him and he loved to name everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet idea! I love the thought of giving these as gifts that the new parents can add photos to. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a great idea, my sister in law did something similar, and i really think it has helped our neice. stopping over from nff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great! I remember making something similar for my daughter years ago, and she never got tired of looking at it.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fantastic idea! What a great way for him to have the most special people close to his heart :)
    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us over at the Sassy Sites blog party! It is so much fun to see everyone! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great and simple idea. Maybe once some of my brothers and BILS get married, this would be good to do. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. How precious! This is a great idea. And how CUTE is that art in the background?! Where is that from? I love it!!

    Thanks for visiting over at Ten June!

    xo- M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails