7.17.2010

our baby girl's room

Here's a tour of my daughter's room.

My husband painted the walls grey. We put our comfy leather couch in the room with a tv and dvd player. Those 3 things were awesome to have during those first few weeks especially! [The cushions on the couch are from Ikea.]


I wanted the wall with the crib to be an accent wall, so he painted stripes in a grey that's darker than the color used in the rest of the room. I love how it turned out! The dark grey curtains and the white curtain rod are both from Ikea. [The little handmade toys that are by the tv can be found here and here.]



I covered canvases using pretty paper to hang above the crib. I didn't want anything heavy on that wall, just in case.




The lamp came was one of four that my parents gave us last Christmas. I fell in love with that mirror when I saw it at Home Sense and thought the $24.99 price was reasonable!




This white floating shelf was from Ikea. I added some accessories that I thought would coordinate with the other things in her room. The pink mdf "M" came from a dollar store and I painted it hot pink. The white one I picked up from Michael's. [Here's a post about the small oval frame]



My husband replaced the old shelving that was in the closet with some new wire shelves like the ones he's installed in all the other closets in out home. All the clothes she has yet to grow into, as well as her dresses, are in there. I made these dividers to organize the closet.




The rest are in her dresser/ change table. [You can read about the bird that's on the wall in this post.]



We put lots of work into her room and are happy with the result!!

7 comments:

  1. TOO cute! Just stoping by for some great ideas:) If you crochet...I have a great tutorial for some Sesame Street hats on my blog
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty... love the colors and the wall art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I like your canvases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job! love it!

    -Jackie
    http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the gray tones down the pink, and you remembered that YOU'RE the one who'll be spending a lot of time in there! Nicely done, and the room is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww! So cute! I love the grey stripes, and the paper over canvases makes such cute wall art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails