I'm super excited to be blog swapping with Sarah today!! Isn't her blog the greatest:)
Ok- let's get started!
Do you have a little girl whose dying to cheer on your team? Never fear- you can bust out this outfit in time for game day.
- Team Fabric (I used a 42 x 9" piece. Little miss has a 19" waist, so use a little more than double your girly's waist measurement and then pick whatever length you want)
- Double sided fusible web (optional)
1. Pleat your fabric pinning as you go. I didn't bother measuring the pleats and it turned out just fine.
2. Using a basting stitch, stitch all of your pleats into place
3. Pin your skirt right sides together and sew up the side seam- I only had one, but if you are making this in a bigger size you might have seams on each side instead of just the one in the back. Anyway make sure your pattern matches up (I may have goofed this up the first time around...)
4. Hem the bottom end by folding over twice and topstitching.
5. Ok- I accidently deleted a few pictures and then it was all put together and on little miss, so this will have to do. Sorry about the belly button:) Slip your skirt over a t-shirt (I trimmed a bit off the bottom), so that they are right sides together and then stitch down.
Don't you love all those darling pleats?
I think she loves them too:)