7.09.2010

an altered notebook

I always liked the idea of altering a notebook, but didn't know what I would use it for. I recently bought this composition notebook for $1.25 from the dollar store:



And I used some scrapbook paper & and a felt flower to pretty it up a bit:



I decided that this would be a journal where I will record all the things I'm thankful for. There is something about having a new baby that makes me really take time to think about all the blessing I have in my life, so I have enjoyed having a place to write my thoughts. I would love to write a page each day about one thing I am thankful for, but in reality, I'll be happy if I can do it every second day or whatever.


As I was writing today, I couldn't help but think of the words of this hymn:


Count your blessings; Name them one by one.
Count your blessings; See what God hath done.
Count your blessings. Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings; See what God hath done.


[Count Your Blessings #241, LDS Hymnbook]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails