12.01.2014

My Son's 7th Birthday Party- Phineas and Ferb Theme!

My son is turning 7 soon and we had a birthday party for him and some friends this past Saturday!


He picked a Phineas and Ferb theme this year.

I made this sign that I had in my front entry:



Some of the decorations on the table...
(I made the Phineas and Ferb sign in the frame and also made the banner using some Phineas and Ferb photos and clothespins.)




More decorations on the table... 
(I found the frame at the dollar store and put a photo of my son when he was 10 months old. I was feeling nostalgic!)



I made this sign that I had on the wall by my island in the kitchen...



My son wanted this put up somewhere so I put it on the island right where people started to get their food...



I have learned from past parties that it's not worth it to try feeding a bunch of little kids lunch since they would rather play than eat, so we did his party later in the afternoon this time and I had lots of snacks instead of a meal.



We had veggies and dip, Phineas and Ferb yogurt tubes, cheese strings, mandarin oranges, spinach dip & crackers, popcorn twists, and chips...



I covered bottles of water with colourful polka dot paper for the labels and had kool aid juice pouches in the colous we were going wtih- blue, orange, and green...



I made this sign to go with the cupcakes:


I bought the Phineas and Ferb rings online. 

The green icing way key lime flavoured, the blue icing was cotton candy flavoured, and the orange icing was orange cream flavoured.



My son loved his cupcakes and was unsure about the sparklers, as always!


I made jello that was blue & orange. This was a total hit with my son and his party guests!!



My son with Phineas & Ferb!



So my son's teacher from last year offered to let us borrow her Phineas and Ferb costumes from Halloween which was super sweet of her! I asked my brother and sister to come and dress up and I was so lucky that they agreed. I am really lucky to have people willing to go along with my crazy ideas! haha!

I took a photo of each party guest with Phineas and Ferb and gave the photo to them at school afterwards.

Here are the ones I took of my 3 kids with Phineas and Ferb...


The treat bags... (another sign I made)



The loot for the treat bags...




Each kid got a pair of spy glasses + magnifying glass, a Perry slinky spring, a Phineas and Ferb bow-out, Smarties, Rockets, and a sucker.

The kids each got more treats during the party from the games we played!



The party was a success and afterwards my son told me that it was his favourite birthday party! And that the Jello was his favourite- haha!



And now we do a repeat this coming Saturday for his birthday party with extended family!

2 comments:

  1. Super cool! You’re an excellent party planner. All this party stuff is fantastic. This post is very inspirational for me. Actually I am also going to host my son’s first birthday party. Thanks for these ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails