12.12.2011

Christmas Fave #1- Keeping it Simple


Hi everyone, I'm Kaysi from Keeping it Simple.




I have a thing for snowmen. I just love decorating with them. I think that I like them because you can use them for Christmas but you can also use them for all of winter. So when I saw this idea, I knew that I wanted to make it!




This is how I made it:
1) I started with 5 pieces of 2x4 wood (I know that in the picture there is 6, I was going to use all of them, but decided it was too crowded). I cut them in various sizes, from 12 inches to 18 inches.




2) I used the 18 inch piece for the bottom. Using a glue gun (I couldn't find my wood glue) I glued the other pieces on the bottom pieces.


3) For more reinforcement, I stapled the backs of each piece

4) I then painted all of it white


Now for the cute hats, I made them out of adult gloves




5) I turned the gloved inside out and sewed the thumb.



6) I then gathered the four fingers and tied them with ribbon



7) I cut each finger in half, just for fun :)



8) I then placed the hat onto the snowman



9) I then made three more hats and some scarves out of fleece



10) Using black paint, I painted on the faces. For the noses, I used some wooden V letters that I had and painted them orange.



Now for the sign:
11) Using my Silhouette, I cut the letters out of card stock and patterned paper



12) Using mod podge, I put the letters and snowflakes onto my black piece of wood



13) I then glued the sign in front of the wood and stapled the bottom



14) I then used cotton balls and glued them all over the bottom piece of wood.



And now it's on my porch, ready to greet people when they come by!!!





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Those are seriously cute! Kaysi, thanks for sharing how to make them!!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I love the snowmen and the Keeping it Simple Blog! Just started following your blog. I'm excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails