11.14.2011

how to make t-shirt pom pom flowers

Happy Monday everyone! Today I'm going to show you step-by-step how to make these pretty flowers out of... a t-shirt!



I had this blue shirt I had never worn...


I cut it into strips. I used a juice glass to trace circles onto it, then cut them out.


I had a piece of scrap felt that I used as the base. I folded each circl in half twice, then glued it on to the felt until the pieces formed a circle, like this...


Then I added another round of them...


The ninth circle I used for this one went in the middle...


Once it was all assembled, I added a little dab of hot glue when needed to make it look the way I wanted.


The end result...


For this one, I had cut some of the circles out of the shirt, right close to the edge. I thought it would look interesting to have the stitching show throughout the flower...


The other type I made is just slightly different. Instead of cutting out circles, I cut out these flower-looking shapes...


And then put it all together the same way...


It was just slightly different, but very pretty once it was finished...


I was able to make these 4 out of that shirt:


What's your favourite way to use fabric flowers??

{This was featured at Reduce, Reuse, and UPcycle.}



Places to Party: C.R.A.F.T., Fingerprints on the Fridge, Ginger Snap Crafts, Homemaker in Heels, Homemaker on a Dime, It's FUN to Craft, Keeping it Simple, Lolly Jane Boutique, Laugh, Love, and Craft, Lil' Luna, Making the World Cuter, My Junk Drawer, Naptime Crafters, Pocket Full of Pink, Rustic Crafts, Sassy Sites!, Seven Thirty Three, Sew Chatty, Simply Designing, Skip to my Lou, Someday Crafts, Somewhat Simple, Sugar Bee Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Tatertots and Jello, The Girl Creative, Thrifty Decorating, Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog, Trendy Treehouse, Yesterday on Tuesday, Young and Crafty

8 comments:

  1. Way Cute!!! and so creative. I really didn't think it was a tee shirt till I saw the tutorial pics.

    Thanks for stopping by "too Blessed." Can't wait to see more of your lovely creations!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I'll have to try making a few of these!!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    ~Lisa
    Lisa's Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how easy these are to make i cut lots of circles out of t-shirt material ready to do this you beat me to it lol, new follower here xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful and seem like they're not too hard to make - I'm learning to make flowers this week, so far I've made felt and paper, and it's so much fun. I want to try your tutorial next! Thanks for sharing at Crafty Soiree~

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! Love the color too! :) Congrats on getting featured!!! xo, Reannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!! I love making fabric flowers! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Friday. We hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THese are so much fun! I would love to feature them over at Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails