11.21.2011

DIY Glitter Christmas Lights

It's no secret that I am a Pinterest addict. I love being able to find & organize inspiration & ideas that I find.

I made this little project after seeing this pin. It's a great little craft to make before Christmas & another bonus is that everything I used came from the dollar store.



The supplies.....


This is a great way to put any old, burned out bulbs from your Christmas lights to use.
I didn't have any, but I found these packs of 4 at my dollar store (Dollarama) for a buck.

I got all my stuff out & ready before I started...


My white glue was really thick, but I just covered the bulb with glue...


Then covered it in glitter...



I was going to do 2 in each colour, but my son of course was asking why I only had one green one... we'll just pretend that I wasn't distracted as I was doing this...


I will have to make some more to fill up this vase, but how simple and pretty, wouldn't you agree?


I took the photos outside for better light, but once I have my Christmas decorations out, I'll know exactly where this vase will be.




{This project was featured at Tatertots and JelloYesterday on Tuesday, and Cut Out + Keep.}

Places to Party: C.R.A.F.T., Fingerprints on the Fridge, Ginger Snap Crafts, Homemaker in Heels, Homemaker on a Dime, It's FUN to Craft, Keeping it Simple, Lolly Jane Boutique, Laugh, Love, and Craft, Lil' Luna, Making the World Cuter, My Junk Drawer, Naptime Crafters, Pocket Full of Pink, Rustic Crafts, Sassy Sites!, Seven Thirty Three, Sew Chatty, Simply Designing, Skip to my Lou, Someday Crafts, Somewhat Simple, Sugar Bee Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Tatertots and Jello, The Girl Creative, Thrifty Decorating, Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog, Trendy Treehouse, Yesterday on Tuesday, Young and Crafty

26 comments:

  1. great project!
    I am so addicted to pinterest:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Very pretty! Oh and I love the Dollar Store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty. Might have to do some of these myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a sucker for glitter and an even bigger sucker for a quick project. This is both! I had not seen this on Pinterest yet, so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are cute! I'm going to grab some old bulbs at the thrift store and have some fun with glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are darling! I can't wait to try! I found you through The Girl Creative. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinkin' adorable!!!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way! I love glitter, but the pre-made glitter products are so garsh darn expensive sometimes. I wonder if it would be more cost effective or less, to use an acrylic sparkle paint. Hmmmm, anyways! LOVE IT and how easy it is and that it all came from the Dollar Tree. You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How neat!! I never thought of using the big Christmas bulbs in this way and now I have so many ideas!!

    I'd love for you to link up to my 26-Day Christmas Craft Marathon Linky Party going on now!!

    Thanks so much for sharing!!
    ~Lisa
    Lisa's Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are so darling I'd love it if you would add this to my party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, this is my kind of project...big bang for your buck! The transformation is awesome! I would love to have you share your idea at my party!! http://theshadyporch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute idea! Glitter makes everything better. Happy Holidays!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these! Inexpensive and easy and such a great idea!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the same thing pinned! Glitter makes everything more fun, doesn't it? Yours turned out great! They look so good and they're so simple to do... I may have to make some too. Thanks so much for sharing this fab idea at Shine On Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this idea! I'd love for you to link up to my Homemade in December Link Carnival.

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/11/homemade-in-december-link-carnival.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute idea... can you still buy 'real' lighbulbs there then? we can only get led ones or 'energy saving ones whoch are such ugly shapes...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these style of light bulbs --- so old fashioned and beautiful! I just wrote a post on how glitter makes everything better, too -- I'd love for you to come check it out.
    Blessings, Becky
    www.fromgentogen.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this and plan to feature it next week! What a fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man those glittery light bulbs turned out AMAZING!!! We'd love for you to share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-4-3-weeks-long-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these! I will be making for Christmas this year! Stop by and check me out...
    http://threemenandaladyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. If you aren't going to light them you could use old burned out bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I featured this today on my Christmas in July celebration

    http://passionateandcreativehomemaking.blogspot.com/2012/07/day-15-christmas-in-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are so Pretty <3 Thanks!
    Check out my blog I'm A 13-Year old crafter (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails