Today I am going to share my favourite cookie recipe...
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup chocolate chips (I always use less than that)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use an electic mixer to cream the 2 sugars together with the margarine in a large bowl.
- Beat in the egg, water, and vanilla.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix flour, baking soda, and salt into the mixture.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until slightly browned on the edges.
Makes about 2 dozen medium-sized cookies.