7.22.2011

t-shirt pom pom flower

Things just haven't gone well for me on the picture-taking front this week. My camera died on Sunday. I bought a new one on Monday. Then as I tried uploaded photos for this post earlier, blogger told me I had reached my photo storage limit with Picasa Web Albums. Ugggg! Although I have free space on my account again, it doesn't instantly register that I have room again. Anyways, thankfully I have my Photobucket account to host these pictures in the meantime. Just had to share my headache....

So thanks to Pinterest I have a crazy, long to-do list for crafts and just about everything! I came across this tutorial to make flowers out of t-shirt material and knew I had to try it out.

Earlier this week I had started a freezer-paper stencil shirt for my daughter that didn't turn out. I can be quite impatient when it comes to painting. Because I had used too much fabric paint during a coat and had taken the stencil off before it was all finished drying, it didn't turn out very pretty.

So I was able to use some of the material for the shirt for this project. I think the yellow flower turned out pretty...



These are really easy to make & can be added to just about anything!



I also made another little flower clip for my daughter's hair...



She was so not in the mood to pose for me, so this picture of her looking outside at the rain works.


I am kinda on a flower-making kick right now as you can see! ;)



And by the way, I will be hosting a giveaway here on my blog next week for those who follow me on Facebook.... hand-made headbands are gonna be given away! Just a head's up for everyone :)



Places to Party: Chicy Creations, C.R.A.F.T., Crystal's Craft Spot, Homemaker in Heels, Homemaker on a Dime, It's FUN to Craft, Keeping it Simple, Lolly Jane Boutique, Making the World Cuter, My Junk Drawer, Naptime Crafters,Sassy Sites!, Simply Designing, Somewhat Simple, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Tatertots and Jello, The Girl Creative, Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog, Trendy Treehouse, Yesterday on Tuesday, Young and Crafty

5 comments:

  1. sarah, this is super cute! thanks for sharing at Whatcha Got Weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing, Sarah. This is almost too easy and fun! i have tons of knit scraps and will be making many of these! thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through the Lolly Jane linkup - I love this idea! I have a few old t-shirts that this would be perfect for...thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute!! Just came from the C.R.A.F.T. link party! Thanks for sharing these! I love your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha that's cute and super simple! Thanks for sharing :)

    So glad that blogger has it on the template now. I need to use the html code when I added mine.

    BTW I'm hosting a 12 FAT quarter Fabric Giveaway. Come by and check it out when you get a chance :)

    Q @ http://www.jaqsstudio.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails