3.14.2011

GUEST POST- Ashley from Simply Designing

I am so excited to be guest posting today at Crafting and Creativity!






I am Ashley, the face and voice behind Simply Designing.






My blog is a fun, active blog that covers everything from crafts to interior design, recipes to floral design, home decor to seasonal items. I also write a lot of tutorials. In addition, I host a weekly Friday link up party.



In addition I write a column twice a month for a local newspaper. And my local Fox news station also has invited me to do a regular segment on their morning show so you can find links to those segments on my blog about twice a month. It is a lot of fun!



So I keep very busy around here, but most of all, I like to keep things SIMPLE!



Here are a few of my recent posts:


































But today, I would like to share with you a tutorial for a very SIMPLE Spring Moss Topiary!






I went into Hobby Lobby the other day for one thing. Just one thing. Honest.



But then I found these birds...




Aren't they so cute! I just had to have them. (They were 50% off too!)



And then I needed someplace to put them. So I started stewing on the perfect spring ensemble for my mantle.



I happened to have a cone topiary form sitting around, so I took some spring-green moss and hot glued it to the cone form.










Then I put it in a terra cotta container that I painted with a coat of ivory craft paint.








Seriously. It's that easy!










I love how simple it was to bring a bit of spring into my home!



Thanks so much for letting me guest post today! I truly enjoyed it! I hope you will stop by to see my at my blog Simply Designing!




If you would like to see more of my creations, you can find me at my blog Simply Designing, through my RSS feed, on Facebook, on Twitter @SimplyDesigning and via Email Subscription (I promise only one email per day and I never give out of sell your information.)



Happy Designing!

.................................................................

So many cool things! I totally love that heart wreath of hers. And that topiary is such a fun idea!! I am sooo jealous of those blue birds she found! ;)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails