3.03.2011

Framed Easter Egg Art

I have started making things for Easter. We have been dealing with such cold weather here and it's been nice to make spring time crafts to combat the "winter blues". Today I'll show you how I made this..... I had this old wood frame in the basement waiting for a new purpose:

So I added a few coats of white paint to freshen it up:






I wanted to cover the back with fabric, but didn't want anything with a bold colour or busy pattern, so I bought this fabric place mat from the dollar store.


I added it to the backing of my frame using some hot glue.
I had some eggs in my box of Easter decorations. They were those Easter egg picks- the foam eggs that come on a stick. So I removed the sticks, then cut the eggs in half.
Then arranged them how I wanted on the frame and secured each one with some hot glue.
And then I had this fun Easter egg art....

I think it turned out cute!

I have another Easter project to share. So check back soon :)

{This project was featured at Tatertots and Jello ,Creative Catalog, Crystal's Craft Spot, Young and Crafty, Yesterday on Tuesday, One Pretty Thing, and Somewhat Simple.} 

23 comments:

  1. How awesome! I love the idea of using a place mat like that! Brilliant! So many great ideas for something like this!! Thanks for sharing!

    -Many Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute, thanks for sharing! I love that the whole project was just a couple of bucks. Visiting from Tatertots & Jello

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is seriously cute! I am visiting from Weekend Wrap Up party and I am a new follower!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cute! I love how colorful it is, and what a great way to repurpose all of that stuff!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Tracy http://allthumbscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. So clever to use the placemat as a backing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so cute! I love how bright and fun it turned out. Great project.
    http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stinkin fabulous! I am going to feature it Monday on my blog, Creative Catalog. Hope you will stop by either of my sites. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love this! Thanks for the inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this so much I went and bought everything to make it this week! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out super cute! I love it and am going to have to make one!


    I am stopping by from Sumo's Market Yourself Monday, I would love if you stopped by and checked out my project :) http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/2011/03/digital-hybrid-flower-pomander.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's adorable! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable! I love how it all came together. :)

    (found you & now following you through The Girl Creative's Just Something I whipped Up)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic! Don't be surprised if you see it on Tip Junkie Easter site. {{wink}}

    Laurie
    TipJunkie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute idea!! I like how your foams eggs look too...they are so cute!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so great! Very cute! I'm inspired!

    Come see me over at: http://beinglds.blogspot.com/2011/03/leprechaun-service-adventure.html

    I linked up at Tip Junkie Today too! :) - Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is amazingly adorable. I want to use this idea as center pieces at a party I'm having. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AHH LOVE IT

    that is just toooo cute!!
    I might use this for my little creators class I teach at church on Wednesday nights!

    thanks for sharing

    xoxo
    bB

    ReplyDelete
  18. So adorable! I'll be featuring this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. absolutely adorable!!
    I'd love for you to stop by and see me...

    www.paintedfresh.blogspot.com

    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sarah, Featured you today at A Crafty Soiree... www.yesterdayontuesday.com
    Thanks for linking up! Malia

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this! I will be featuring it next week for my Easter favorites! Thanks for the inspiration!
    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  22. very clever...Veryl Stockdale

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails