2.22.2011

re purposed gift box

A while back, I made up this cute box to store some jigsaw puzzles that my son has. They needed a home!



I had this gift box from ages ago waiting to be re purposed! With some scrapbook supplies and very little time, it now has a real use.

I began by sanding the entire outside of the box, so the finish wasn't so smooth. Then I cut the patterned paper to size and scored the parts where it was going to fold over the top edges.



I decided to use this polka dot paper for the edges of the lid:



I used lots of glue to secure the paper. Mod Podge would have worked, too.



Then I used green and blue inks to distress all the edges and corners.



I inked up this chipboard puzzle piece...



Then covered it up with this textured baby blue paper.



I added the puzzle piece to the top of the lid and then added some chipboard letters to the side of the box for a label.




It's the perfect size to store away all these little puzzle sets when I want them put up. (Like when my daughter is awake. She thinks everything belongs in her mouth.)








And my son loves it!!












2 comments:

  1. Love the papers you selected and the final touch that you added with the puzzle.

    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails