7.28.2010

fabric yo-yo flowers

This post will show you how to make these pretty yo-yo fabric flowers:





First, trace a circle on the back of your fabric. The bowl I used was 6 inches in diameter and it made a yo-yo flower that was just under 3 inches in diameter. (The rule is that it will be about half the size when you're done)



Cut out your circle. It doesn't have to be perfect.



With the back up the fabric still facing UP, fold over a bit of the edge & stitch around. (Tip use a large piece of thread, because you need one single piece to stitch around your circle.)


And keep going............



When you've stitched around the entire edge of the circle, flip it over, and grab both of the knots you tied with your thread...



And gently pull them both at the same time...........



And keep pulling until it looks like this:



Then when it's pulled tight, tie your two pieces of thread together and cut off any excess.


I used a glue gun to add a large button to the center:



And then sewed it on . That button is on there for good now!


Now you can add this, or a bunch of them, to your clothes, handbag, shoes, or make them into hair accessories. The possibilities are endless!!

6 comments:

  1. OH SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it to pieces. I need to try yoyos again... i never have been able to get the hang of them... but I LOVE the look!

    ~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric flowers are so popular now, but the yoyo adds a new twist! I love it! Great blog, great design, great posts! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THank you SO much for stopping by One Fine Wire...I hope you come back soon! Cute blog!!!

    www.finewire.blogspot.com

    SO nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by and following...I love to craft and your tips are awesome! Maybe they will inspire me to find the free time to get going again! Following you back!
    Beth @ Two Monkeys & a Washtub

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project to make these pretty flowers!!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Thank you for the wonderful tutorial! I just recently started trying my hand at making bows for my daughter. Can't wait to try this out! http://ljblack2006.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails